Hi lovelies ;)
First of all: Wish you all a very happy & blessed New Year :)
I know – I haven’t posted anything on my blog since October last year, it’s been more than 2 months now! Pardon! – have been pretty much stressed and not that much into sharing anything, but now I’m back, hopefully stronger and happier than before - and I'm indeed looking forward to a great year :)
The past 6 months have been one hell of challenge, but I’m not giving up, and sure I’ll never do! ;)
Many of us usually pick of on or more useful and worthy new year’s resolutions, and this time I too decided to pick up some:
- Keep on exercising 3 times a week
- Read more
- Keep sharing good stuff
- Spending more time on creativity/art
- Not spending too much money :P
Furthermore, I really love, and appreciate those who are into humanitarian and charity work. As a part of this, I last year became a member of UNICEF. I hope to do more of this kind of charity, and this will definitely be one of my aims too :)
Fitness is an important part of my life too, I use to exercise and eat healthy, and I’m surely a practitioner of clean eating, but I’ve troubles in avoiding dairy foods. However, that’s the other side of my lifestyle – according to me, fitness and healthy eating are 2 important things we all should try following, and we find very useful tips everywhere on how to keep on having these kinds of good habits. I too have decided to focus more on eating healthy, so I started this year this way ;) Many people keeps asking me if it’s not difficult to eat healthy while being a vegetarian, and my answer is: NO!
If you ask me, I’d say vegetarianism (or veganism) is the easiest way to get a healthy lifestyle, because you’ll for sure be eating more clean food too! Seriously, is meat clean? (apparently not) :)
If there’s anything I’d call “my fave fruit”, it’ll be avocados – not doubt at all! :D I’ll try to eat at least 2 avocados a week (if not 3 or 4!), and this is because they’re so yummy and so much healthy! :)
Let’s have a look:
Avocados are extremely nutritious; they contain several vitamins including vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, E, K and minerals like folate, iron, magnesium etc. Although avocados are high in fat, most of it is healthy fat, which means they don’t contain any kinds of cholesterol, and are low in saturated fat. Moreover they are they are popularly known as low-carb plant food.
What about potassium? We all know that bananas are high in potassium, but did you know that avocados contain more potassium than bananas? (OMG). Many people really doesn’t get enough potassium, which is very important to us as they help us maintaining the electrical gradients in the body’s cells and have other important functions too. A high potassium intake is related to reduced blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks and kidney failure.
The majority of fat in avocados are oleic fat (monosaturated fatty acid), making them very beneficial on reducing inflammation and genes linked to cancer. This kind of fat is a so called “heart healthy” fat.
How to eat avocados?
Avocados are actually fruits, but here are some tips on the uses:
1. Eat them pure, possible flavoured with your favourite seasoning or some lemon juice. I mostly prefer a little amount of salt and a good amout of chili or pepper. Can be eaten with any other seasoning too.
2. Add sliced avocados to your wrap/sandwich/burger – this is really yummy!
3. Use avocados as spread.
4. Cut them into cubes or slices, and adding them to your salads will be very tasty too :)
5. As guacamole, using it as a dip to veggies (or chips) or any other item is definitely great ;)
6. Combing avocados with other fruits will make a delicious fruit salad.
7. Add some diced avocados to your omelet.
8. Use sliced avocados as a filling to your enchiladas/burritos. This. Is. So. Yummy.
9. Eat them with rice, I like them this way pretty much.
10. Use avocados as toppings on crackers or ciabatta bread, for appetizers.
11. Turn avocados into gelato - This is awesome!
12. Make into chocolate mousse, a cake or a brownie.
13. Whirl some avocado into your hummus - because hummus is nothing. Haha.
14. Make a smoothie or milkshake out of it.
15. Blend your avocados into a yummy, creamy soup.
Here I'm eating a half avocado as it is, with some bread with haydari, a falafel and some tomatoes.
Hope this was useful ;)