I recently made this very yummy dish, and I also gave some of it to one of my colleagues and my brother. They loved it - I loved it too! :)
- 12 fresh sheets of lasagna pasta
- 400 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes
- 500 g of chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- ½ chopped onion (optional)
- 2 tbs thyme
- Some chili flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 125 g of grated mozzarella cheese (or more, if you want to)
The tomato sauce
1. Heat a pan, and add some olive oil and add the onion and garlic.
2. Once the onion and garlic is cooked, add the chopped tomatoes, salt, tyme and chilli (or pepper).
3. Let it cook for about 5 min.
1. Preheat the oven at 180° Celsius (convection oven).
2. Spread some olive oil in a baking pan (30 x 25 cm). Then spread the half of the tomato sauce in it.
3. In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the fresh spinach (of course thoroughly rinsed), (cut) sundried tomatoes and some salt.
4. Take one sheet of pasta, and add some of the ricotta mixture (I used about a tbsp.) and roll it up. Place it in the pan.
5. Repeat step 4 for the rest of the pasta.
6. Now, spread the rest of the tomato sauce, and top it with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake the cannellonis until the cheese has melted.
That’s it :)