For the today’s dinner I decided to make a one pot dish, with loads of protein and some yummy veggies. You might know, that I really love aubergines and tomatoes too, so I decided to make a mix with these. It is actually something I tried at a cafe long ago, and I liked it so much. So I decided to make something like that – on my own, and you now what? The dish came out very well! ;)
I actually made a large amount of it, so that I also can have it some for my colleague W and I, for the lunch tomorrow. I hope she’ll like it too :)
This dish serves about 4 small or 3 large servings.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 whole garlic, finely chopped
- Some salt
- 600-800g of chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 medium sized aubergine/eggplant, cut into cubes
- ½ courgette/squash, cut into cubes
- 1 can/box of chopped tomatoes + juice
- Some olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of coriander powder (optional)
- 3-4 teaspoons of red chili powder (you can add smaller amounts too)
- 1 glass of water
- Some fresh coriander leaves for garnish or put right into to dish (optional)
1. Heat some olive oil in a large pan/pot, and add the onions and garlic. Let it cook for some minutes, or till they turn golden.
2. Now add all the cut vegetables, and let it all cook properly for about 10-15 min.
3. Add the chickpeas, your deisred amount of salt, chili and coriander powder, and mix it all well.
3. Add the tomatoes + juice and some water, and stir it well. Put on the lid, and let it cook for another 20-30 min on low heat.
4. Serve the dish with fresh coriander leaves, some bread or rice.
Hope you’ll like it :)