Hello everyone <3
I know, it’s been ages since I last posted a recipe, really sorry for that! :P I’ve been so busy writing about other stuff that I totally forgot everything about posting some of my vegetarian recipes.
Today I made this lovely dish, some kind of Mexican inspired food with a Middle East touch. I mostly hate making food for myself, but enjoy cooking food for others. Hm, well. That’s true :P Anyway, today I made this wonderful dish, as it is Vinayaga Chathurthi and I’ve been fasting the whole day – so I definitely need some proper food to eat – and I made it double so that I have something tomorrow for work ;)
Of course, as I'm a vegetarian I only added vegetables - but I'm pretty much sure about some kind of meat can be added too.
Here we go!
- 1 cup of rice (I used parboiled rice with wild rice)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of corn
- ¼ cup of red pepper (if you like it, you can add about ½ cup instead)
- 2 tsp. of tomato puree
- Some salt
- 2 tsp. red chili powder (can be reduced if you don’t want it to be so spicy)
- 3-4 tsp. of crushed almonds
- 1 tbs. olive oil
1. First, cook the rice as per prescription and drain.
2. Preheat a pan/pot and add the vegetables with 1 tbs. of water (except the tomatoes), and let it cook.
3. Once cooked add the tomato puree, the cut tomatoes, salt, chili and almonds. Mix it well and let it cook for another 4-5 mins.
4. Finally add the olive oil and turn off the stove. Just keep the mixture hot.
5. Add the cooked rice into the mixture, and mix it all together properly.
6. Serve with some cut avocado and falafel – this gives the whole dish a good texture and taste :)