This weekend have been so good, with yummy food and full of relaxation and mindful spirituality. My brother has just completed his B.Sc., and is now an engineer in Architectural Design – so proud of him :)
He picked me up at the station last Friday, and we went to Herning Centret for shopping. Unfortunately, we didn’t find anything interesting, but I decided to buy some strawberries to make a strawberry pie the following day.
I started the Saturday off with fresh made orange-lemon juice for my brother and I:
Cut in half 1 lemon and 4 oranges, and press the fruits in a citrus press, and that’s it! This makes 2 glasses of fresh juice. My parents luckily have an electric one for this ;)
Later on I made this yummy strawberry pie. I’ve posted the recipe of this pie long ago (in Danish), so here’s it again, in English :)
This pie makes about 8 pieces:
- 150 grams of butter
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 30 grams of icing sugar
- 1 tbs. of vanilla
- ¼ liters of whipped cream - If needed mixed with 1 tbs. of vanilla (I like it, when the cream has this flavor)
- Fresh strawberries cut in halves (as needed)
Preheat the oven at 200°C (convection oven)
The pie base:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Use the fingertips to knead the dough, and do it properly to get a solid mass.
- Keep the dough refrigerated for about 15 minutes.
- Then roll the dough out in a pie/flan dish, if difficult press it with your fingers.
- Bake until the dough gets golden brown. If in doubt, use a fork to make sure whether dough is baked or not.
- Let it cool.
- When the dough base for the pie is cooled, distribute the whipped cream onto it, and finally the strawberries.
Bon appetite! ;)