This is the best season for mangoes, and my parents bought me some yummy mangoes. My mum once made a mango kesari, so I thought of baking a mango cake this time. You know that I’m a vegetarian, and always bake eggless cakes, so I mixed a recipe together and it actually made a very yummy cake :)
Servings: 8 large pieces/10 small pieces
- 250 g plain flour
- 150 g cane sugar
- 175 g butter
- ½ dl milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200 g mango – pureed
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Grease a 25 cm pie dish or springform pan.
- Grind 200 g of cubes of mango till it gets pureed.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, and add the milk in small amounts.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder, and add it to the creamed mixture, and mix it well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, and bake it for about 30 min.